Submit an Item
MCStor collects scholarly work created by faculty, staff, and students at Milligan College and makes these works publically accessible online. Submitting your materials to MCStor is easy. You can submit your work electronically by clicking "New Submission." Before creating a submission, please review the criteria below.
Steps for Submission
- Click "New Submission" to start submission process.
- Select the appropriate Collection where your submission will be placed.
- Describe your item by completing all applicable and required entry fields.
- Author (First and Last Name).
- Date (Date item was created).
- Abstract (Give a brief description of the item you are submitting).
- Subject Keyword(s), if applicable.
- Name your file using the following naming convention:
- Upload file.
- Grant the Non-Exclusive Distribution License to complete the online submission. If you do not agree to the Non-Exclusive Distribution License but wish to submit your work to the P. H. Welshimer Memorial Library, please email email@example.com.
- Complete submission.
- You will receive notification that you have completed the submission process.
- Your submission will go through a review process before being uploaded to MCStor.
- You will receive an email notification when your work is uploaded to MCStor.
(Remaining fields are optional)
When uploading a single file to MCStor:
|File Naming Convention:||Example:|
When uploading more than one file to one or more collection(s):
|File Naming Convention:|
|3 digit value = 002 - 999|
Each file you upload to MCStor must be unique, therefore by adding a 3 digit number following the name and date of your file will create a unique identifier when you upload more than one file to MCStor.
The date used in the file name represents the year, month and day the file is submitted to MCStor. When writing this date, use the convention below:
|Date item is submitted to MCStor:||Examples:||Equals:|
|YYYYMMDD||20150825||August 25, 2015|
|20131201||December 1, 2013|
Have a question?
If you have a question about content or about submitting your item to MCStor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Exclusive Distribution License
The Non-Exclusive Distribution License allows Milligan College to reproduce, translate and distribute your work worldwide in print and electronic format and in any current or future medium. The Distribution License does not affect your copyright as the author of the work.
View full document: Non-Exclusive Distribution License
Materials that MCStor Collects
- Student Research in the form of:
- Research Papers
- Faculty Scholarship in the form of:
- Journal articles
- Conference proceedings
- Book chapters
- College Historical Records
File Formats MCStor Supports
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- MS Word (.doc, .docx)
- MS Powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- MS Excel (.xls, .xslx)
- JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
- GIF (.gif)
- TIFF (.tif, .tiff)
Have a question? Contact email@example.com.